Daystar Retirement Village Maintenance Director - GREAT BENEFITS AVAILALBE - HEALTH BENEFITS AND MATCHING 401K
Description: At Daystar Retirement Village we select staff who show integrity, patience, pride in their work, and enjoy having fun while doing it. As the Maintenance Director, you are responsible for all things maintenance and housekeeping, therefore this position plays a critical role in ensuring the community is attractive, well-maintained, and safe for our senior residents and staff.
The Maintenance Director leads 2 FT housekeepers and 1 FT Maintenance Tech to assure the building's interiors and exteriors are maintained to the highest standard achievable. The director actively participates as a member of the team and is committed to working toward team goals. This position is a working manager position. The maintenance Director will make repairs in occupied apartments, as well as repaint and shampoo carpets in turnover units, will provide leadership, training, and development of assigned staff members is responsible for the implementation of community Safety Program, performs safety audits/checklists and emergency drills, just to name a few
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ability to maintain resident confidentiality
- Must pass DSHS Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment Drug Test (THC will disqualify)
- Knowledge of DSHS Guidelines for Assisted Living or ability to quickly learn
- Knowledge of Fire Marshal Guidelines for Assisted Living or ability to quickly learn
- Knowledge of computer, internet, Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to read/write in English and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to move intermittently throughout the day. Able to push, pull, bend, stoop, reach and lift most of the time. Must to able to lift, push, pull and move equipment, supplies, etc. in the excess of fifty (50) pounds throughout the workday. May be exposed to blood/body fluids.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods, and lift fifty (50) lbs.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability
- MUST BE RESPONSIVE TO AFTER HOUR AND WEEKEND CALLS (24/7) working remotely not allowed
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid 19
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Eva Thomas, Daystar's Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Please list “Maintenance Director” in the subject line of your email. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. All offers of employment are conditioned on passing a background check and drug screening.
Currently, we are following all state-mandated COVID protocols for all residents and workplace safety. All new hires must test negative for COVID-19 before hiring, we do testing on sight. All interviews must be masked and tempted before entering the building.