West Seattle Herald & Westside Seattle
West Seattle Herald, the media leader in news about West Seattle, began publishing since 1923. It is incorporated into the Westside Seattle website, a division of Robinson Newspapers. The business is run by the Robinson family. The Herald was acquired by Jerry Robinson in 1974. Robinson then acquired the Ballard News-Tribune and the Highline Times to connect up with the Des Moines and Federal Way New in 1975. This formed the largest community newspaper company in the NW at the time. The company had 400+ employees and distributed more than 100,000 copies of the newspaper, three times per week by 1980. With the coming of the digital age, the print versions of the news succumbed to a new generation of readers. Digital news is the future. The Robinson family of Tim, Ken and Pat Robinson, embrace the challenge of providing comprehensive and breaking news online with generous support from the communities we serve.